Thursday, November 30, 2017

Happy Holidays...happy holidays

Happy Holidays...happy holidays
November 27,2017

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving has yet to make it to brazil. So no annual day of feasting and Thanking for us (sadly). But Black Friday is definitely here and going strong. It's like a weeklong celebration of capitalism and the financial survival of the fittest. Good fun!

This week was an adventure of onibus. We cover the area of Caucaia. which is really big. But we also teach references in literally any area nearby without missionaries. which is a lot. This week, we were in a nearby area, Icarai. and another city, Pecem. Which was quite a trip, almost an hour by bus. But it is cool. Because we only go if it's someone or a family that is really prepared to receive the gospel. So we spend a lot of time teaching these families that have a desire to learn instead of trying to run into them on the street.

Fun things that happened this week. 
- I played the piano for the primary program which was probably the hardest venue I can imagine because very few children have the ability to keep time. So you spend the entire program trying to decide if you follow the conductor or the kids. It was all good though. I just kinda chilled somewhere in the middle.

-We're baptizing a family of 4, the Familia Almeida (if all goes well) this weekend. They're really awesome full of great questions (and some really interesting ones about the reformed lds church in the USA) which are fun to answer. Also, they’re from Sao Paulo so they’re a lot easier to understand than most of the people in Ceara hahah.

-We had a ton of people in the sacrament meeting this week. 14 investigators! It was really cool to see so many people wanting to hear the gospel.

Love you guys! Happy Holidays (I found the use of the word holiday appropriate because it means "holy days" and that’s what this time of year is all about!)!

Elder Jensen

Mom: I don't have any "needs" per se except water. because it keeps going out in our apartment. So we haven’t really been able to shower this week. so maybe you could send some from maple valley?? Just kidding haha. Really, I don’t need anything right now. One of those instant stain remover pens would be really useful though. Chocolate? Nutella? haha really anything.

Dad: I'm doing alright in everything related to heath. I don’t know if I can use the water filter because the problem with the water here is the salt content. Apparently it gives you kidney stones the first time you drink it. Not that i believe it haha. But I’m still afraid. Our ward/branch/group is helpful; at least a select few members. We have 2 families that we eat at everyday haha which is too bad. occasionally other families help out too.

I would like a picture of our family thougghhhhh  if you could please send that!!

Love you guys good luck with running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA

December 18, 2017 HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HElllo! First, to take care of business. I p...