Thursday, November 2, 2017

First (almost) week in Fortaleza!!

First (almost) week in Fortaleza!!
October 30, 2017

Hello Everybody!!

What a crazy week haha.

I'll start with the last couple days in the CTM. Never mind scratch that. I totally don't remember anything that happened. SO i'll start with us flying out. We flew. On a Plane. Which is a lot less exciting on paper ( or screen) but it was cool to get out of the CTM and be off. 

We got to the mission home and met President Chamberlain and his wife, Sister Chamberlain. They're super Great. The only real bummer is that its against mission rules to leave our houses without missionary clothing. So no running for two years I guess :(  Its all good though. We walk about 10 miles every day. That's just a rough estimate though haha. 

I'm in an area called Caucaia. I think that's the spelling hah. It's the largest area in the mission. We do lots of walking and lots of bus riding. They only thing more terrifying than almost being hit by a Brazilian bus is riding in one hahah. HONESTLY THOUGH ITS TERRIFYING. 

We have quite a few investigators I honestly don't know how many cause I still don't speak Portuguese. Its kinda been a guessing game but its fun and I'm loving it. A little about my companions. First of all we are in a trio. Elder Almeida is my trainer officially. He's been out for a year and 8 months and he's really awesome. Hes Brazilian. my other companion is Elder Sanhueza from Chile. It's funny because sometimes well speak Spanish and elder Almeida wont get it hahaha. Hes super great too though. Loves the Lumineers and was absolutely blown away when i played Ophelia on the piano lol. 

I did get to the play the piano this week in sacrament meeting which was super fun. AND We had a baptism on Sunday too. and I GOT TO DO it HAHAHA IN PORTUGUESE which was cool,and super special. His Name is Gilson and he's super awesome. I'd only met him once but he asked me to do it so that was cool.

I feel bad cause I'm super frazzled and I'm pretty sure this email was totally incoherent. I'll be sure to have something a little more cohesive prepared next weeks haha. I was going to send some pictures but my computer keeps freaking so I'll try again next week haha. Love you guys!!

With much sweat haha
Elder Jensen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA

December 18, 2017 HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HElllo! First, to take care of business. I p...