Como se diz "bigwigs"????
Hello Family and Friends!!
One month already?? What?/ This week started off with a bang with the arrival of new Brazilians. That was pretty chill until about 2 in the morning on Thursday when one of them began screaming like he was having a Vietnam flash back. No one said anything the next morning though, and it hasn't happened since so I'm hoping it was a one time thing. Hearing about Josh sleep walking made me laugh. I'd bet they'd be good friends.
I got asked to play for a CTM conference on Sunday which was pretty good. Its pretty tough because I don't really have any time to practice but its been going okay so that's good.
We had fast Sunday which was pretty typical except this one elder known for his lengthy prayers smashed all previous records with a twelve minute prayer (we timed him haha). They usually sit around seven minutes but this prayer blew them all out of the water. We were all quite impressed (except his companions because they have to stick around for about 15 minutes longer than everyone else).
We had a visit from the international director of MTC's and he gave a devotional last night (more on that in a moment cause it was really good). He kept using American slang though and my district and I could hardly keep it together thinking of the translators in the back translating "bigwigs" and "dinking around". Hence, the title. He talked a lot about staying on target and remembering why we are here. Which was a little of a slap in the face for our district as we spent about half an hour recreating the phantom menace on our white board.
Funny story, Does anyone remember Spencer Gurr? he went to Neely with me, I don't think I've seen him since 6th grade. Anyway, he showed up at the CTM yesterday which was just a little wild. Small world haha.
Any way, I love you all, I've been doing great, thriving on beans and rice!!
Elder Jensen
Exciting he got asked to play the piano.
ReplyDelete