Sunday, October 8, 2017

Week 3

October 4, 2017
Week 3

Where to start with this week hahah. It started off normal haha. Saturday morning we went proselyting on one of the busiest streets of São paulo. Elder Neilson and I ended up making a contact with an English teacher. She didn't really seem to want to hear much about the gospel though. She offered to teach us better Portugese HAHA. Its only been three weeks what can I say? We also ran into a dude who was completely naked except a moving blanket he had (kinda) wrapped around his waist. He was super friendly though (drugs tend to do that). Also, he had no information so we couldn't get him as a contact
 
Then we had conference which was really great. I really enjoyed Uchtdorfs talk from the priesthood session. It was a really powerful message about Light and Dark and how by coming to Christ we can over come the dark. 

In between sessions, I ended up giving my floor haircuts LOL. Some of them actually looked decent (like mine(yes I cut my own hair)) Others, like my companion's, got started by a Brazilian. So we ended up shaving my companions head. He pulls it off though. Although the Brazilians decided he looks like the spider baby from toy story. And they rub it for good luck HAHA.

Our classroom stated shaking like crazy yesterday. we were certain it was an earth quake except no one else felt it so maybe my whole district is hallucinating. Also we've had power outages off and on which have added a great deal of excitement to every day. 

The Brazilians ins our room all left (which was actually really sad) and we get new roommates today. 

So, funny story. Our physical activity has been reduced even further. Its been raining for the past few days and they're afraid we will slip playing volleyball and basket ball. so we all stand in the rain watching two people play ping-pong. Its slightly reminiscent of yard time in federal prison. JK It's not as bad as it sounds. 

Finally, we got a new sister in our district. She was from Provo and she had visa issues. I feel bad for all the Provo missionaries because they have no Brazilians to teach them all the famous memes of Brazil HAHA.

Still fed on rice and beans,
Elder Jensen

Sorry about the lack of detail My companion is Elder Nielson. He's from Utah. He plays basketball and volleyball. Hes really chill. He also plays the piano so its not too difficult to convince him to join me haha. I don't know where i put the inverter rip. I thought it was on the kitchen counter.... I love you guys so much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is great detail....what does he mean sorry about the lack?

    ReplyDelete

HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA

December 18, 2017 HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HElllo! First, to take care of business. I p...