Friday, January 12, 2018

Diveção das Milagres

Diveção das Milagres
December 4, 2017

Hello Everyone! It's Officially Christmas Time!

Pretty much the highlight of this week was Wednesday and Sunday. 

The Almeida family had kinda a shock not last Sunday but the Sunday before with a member who hit them with the baptism for the dead doctrine without explaining it at allll so when we visited them on Tuesday they were really freaked out about that. We explained what it was actually about, how it works, but they were really worried that there would be more things like that to learn when they joined the church so they didn’t want to be baptized this week like they had planned. Anyway, we arranged to visit them on Wednesday after they had prayed about baptism and then we would figure out what to do. Whether they would wait to be baptized and whatnot. Buuuut we had a division and I went to a different area on Wednesday so I didn’t get to see what happened. Apparently, they had a super spiritual message about faith and trusting the knowledge that they already had gained. And they agreed to be baptized on Sunday. Hence Sunday being an awesome day with 4 baptisms and 5 confirmations (we had an investigator who took some time to confirm) The only downside is that we have literally no one to teach to star off this transferencia. Except the families who need to get married. Which is a huge issue here. We meet a ton of couples living with their kids "juntos" a family in every sense except the law. Which is really, really important. So, we end up marking almost as many dates of marriage as we do baptismal dates hahaa. It's good fun. The other miracle is that when I got back to our house we actually had water so we could stop bathing in the hose outside of our house hahaha. What a blessing running water is.
I love you guys and Happy Christmas Season!!
Elder Jensen

PS Can you please send a picture of our family?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA

December 18, 2017 HAHA I'D TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON WITH SKYPE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HElllo! First, to take care of business. I p...