Week One!!
Haha what an adventure. It's been a crazy week with lots of beans and rice, potuguses and... drug searches?? Yep the department of homeland security saw my inhalers and ended up tearing apart my bag to fing out if I was smuggling drugs. (I wasnt haha) It's honestly been pretty awesome here, except when they try to cook American food (like pizza tonight). Then it's just scary hahaha. We went to the temple today which was super cool. Sao paulo is a really beautiful city. Also huge. Things I've learned while I'm here so far. Portugese is not SpaNISH WITH A goofy accent. hahahaha oops. Its actually helped alot. Though. Having a bunch of brasillians on your floor helps, and you learn a lot except most of what you learn is not helpful for missionaries. For example memes. and insults. Aww yes good times. I havent played the piano yet but i was asked to for next week. My companion is great. my whole district is super awesome. I ran into an elder that was in my district last year for camp heleman. Hes going to forteleza too. Also, small wolrd, an elder Christensen from Gilbert AZ. I've been reading everything and i love it all. I only have 45 minutesa to email and the keyboard is weird so im probably going to get cut off :( but i Love you all! good luck with the house, cello, piano, trade show and everything else!
Elder Jensen
There were a couple other funny things that happened. YOu cant jump during volleybaLL? Also, no using your tag as a kazoo. The Brazillians alos know everythinmg about america but we know nothing about Brazil pop culture oooops! nah its just a little awkward. Also all the jello is the consitency of snot. which is kinda disconcerting, but it definetly could be worse. Im actually a little afraid ill put on a couple pounds cause 45 minutes of jumpless volleyball doesnt quite cut it for me HA!
He sounds GREAT! Love it all, except the jello snot.
ReplyDelete